By now, most of us know that exercise helps maintain a healthy weight, relieve stress and catch some extra Zs at night. But did you know that seniors who exercise reap even more benefits? That’s why we have specially designed classes geared to encourage an active lifestyle through adulthood. Our Silver Sneakers® classes use hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles and a ball for resistance training for a fun and social workout.
Why Take Silver Sneakers® Classes:
- With the spirit and physical abilities of younger people, Silver Sneakers® members prove age is nothing but a number.
- The older you are, the more you need regular exercise.
- Active aging allows you to realize your potential for physical, social and mental well-being.
- Silver Sneakers® classes help increase muscular strength, range of movement and stamina for daily living activities.
- Physical activity helps slow the decline in body function.
- Active older adults can reduce their risk of heart disease and stroke to a similar level as active younger people.
- Seniors in the best physical condition tend to have the best mental abilities.
To read even more health benefits of Silver Sneakers®, visit https://www.silversneakers.com/about/health-benefits.
Have you ever tried a Silver Sneakers® class? If so, comment on this post and tell us how you liked it.