This post has been brought to you by Mario Naccarato, the Head YouCoach at Youfit Tallahasse Monroe St.
So you’ve signed up for Countdown to Change: 60 Days to a Slimmer, Healthier You… Now what…
Close your eyes and picture yourself 60 days from today. Imagine yourself leaner, healthier and happier. Now open your eyes. You’re not there yet, but I guarantee if you follow our lead and challenge yourself to change, you will be. And it will be worth it.
You are about to embark on an incredible fitness journey with the most knowledgeable coaches in the industry. Yes, there are fantastic prizes to compete for, but don’t let that be your sole motivation. The real prize is the sense of accomplishment you will have when Countdown to Change has ended and that person you pictured in your mind today is no longer a figment of your imagination.
Here are a few tips to help you complete the Challenge and see the change you imagined:
1. Stay committed. You signed up to challenge yourself and you have a success story awaiting you in 60 days. Pursue the challenge across the entire 60 days and you will see change.
2. Keep your eyes on the prize. Whatever goals you are laying out for yourself on day 1, focus on them and see them through to day 60. The end will be here before you know it!
3. Work as a team. The more support you have, the better off you will be. Tel everyone in your family about the commitment you have made. Make friends in your bootcamp classes; compete with each other and for each other.
4. Track and log your food. MyFitnessPal will be a tremendous asset for you; follow your teammates and coaches. You cannot out-train a bad diet. Connect any food tracking app to the Youfit App for ease of use.
5. Train smarter, not harder. The physical training will be tough. Don’t overdo it on the first day; this is a two-month journey. Push yourself but pace yourself. Injury and illness are set backs we need to avoid.
6. Listen to your YouCoach. They are professionals in their field and have a ton of excellent knowledge to pass on to you. They will hold you accountable and get you to your goals.
7. Attend the classes. The more muscle we build, the more fat we’re going to burn. The High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) Boot Camp style workouts are professionally programmed to help you simultaneously burn fat and build muscle. Always foam roll and perform a dynamic warm up prior to training and cool down after training.
8. Take your vitamins. Most people do not get all of the essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients we need to lead an active lifestyle from food alone. Deficiencies can be identified if you track your food intake via MyFitnessPal. Your YouCoach can assess your food diary and make recommendations if needed.
9. Prior proper planning. Prevent poor performance by hydrating, planning meals, managing time, and focusing your energy on your goals.
10. Have fun. If you stay on track across the 60 days, the Countdown to Change will be one of the most impactful things you ever accomplished and will set you up for success long after the 60 days is over. Smile, make mistakes, learn from them, be a better you than yesterday. You can do it!
Mario A. Naccarato is the Head YouCoach at Youfit Tallahasse Monroe St. and is certified by PTA Global. He is a Crossfit Level 1 Trainer and graduated from the United States Marine Corps. Officer Candidates School, as well as Florida State University with a Bachelor’s Degree. His favorite quote is “I believe no man or woman has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for an individual to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his or her body is capable.” -Socrates