Healthy eating is easier than you may think, especially with this clever healthy lunch recipe. This make-ahead Mediterranean Salmon Bowl is the perfect meal prep recipe for your weekday lunches. Get the full recipe, ingredients, and prep instructions below.
Mediterranean Salmon Bowl Ingredients
- Pre-cooked smoked salmon or raw salmon fillet
- Cook salmon filet to your liking with seasoning: a pinch of salt and pepper, a pinch of dried dill, 1 tsp olive oil
- Store-bought hummus or baba ganoush
- 2 cups dark leafy greens (kale or spring mix)
- Store-bought canned dolmas (stuffed grape leaves)
- Store-bought pickled red cabbage
- Juice of 1 lemon
How to Make a Mediterranean Salmon Bowl
If you’re unable to buy pre-made smoked salmon, bake a salmon fillet with a drizzle of olive oil (1 tsp) and a dash of salt, pepper, and dried dill. Place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes. You can cook several fillets at a time and then store them in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to a week.
To make the Mediterranean bowl, place the dark leafy greens, and pickled red cabbage in a container or bowl. Then place 2-3 dolmas on top along with 1 salmon filet, then add lemon juice and lightly mix. Add 2 tbsp of hummus/baba ganoush on top or leave on the side to add later.
This is a great meal to prepare ahead, and it takes little to no cooking at all. Just assemble, package, and you’re on your way!