There’s nothing sweeter than indulging your taste buds in foods that can also help with weight loss. Sweet potato is a great example of a healthy vegetable that can double as a dessert, or, this case, a filling breakfast!
These orange stem vegetables are loaded with both A and B Vitamins. When you consume one large sweet potato, you have fulfilled your recommended intake of Vitamin A for the day.
Sweet potatoes are also high in fiber, low in sodium, fat-free and have fewer calories than normal potatoes. And did we mention they are delicious?
- 1/2 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 1/3 cup egg beaters or 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup peanut flour (you can use any kind of flour you want)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda and baking powder (I always use both)
- 1 teaspoon honey or coconut palm sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- optional milk (any type), to thin batter if necessary
Mix well, make sure all the sweet potato is mashed. The batter is pretty thick so I spread it out when I scoop them on the hot skillet. Cook as you would normal pancakes. They don’t “bubble” like normal pancakes, so watch that they are cook thoroughly, but not burned.